Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Work works

So I am at work. I don't like my job, it is just boring now. I am basically going to have to create a user interface for the old site and that's it. Just spruce up a few graphics and make the menu pretty. Pretty dull. And I am surprisingly bad at it, it's the simple stuff that fucks me up.

I want that Powerbook I saw on eBay (read my next post for a link). Did some checking (or rather, had will do some checking) and that is a 3000 dollar system. I got in touch with the seller and he doesnt seem to speak english natively but well enough and says will ship free from europe just wants the payment western union. ah, I wonder if that means he won't let me use paypal? It has paypal protection in case of a scam. And he has thousands of positive user comments on his account, meaning he is not just not-a-scam-artist but actually makes people really happy. I told him I would cast around desperately for the money but I dont make any promises and that was that. He says so cheap because he needs the cash for another deal he is working on.

I don't quite trust it but it seems to have enough safeguards in place...

AHA! I just checked back and it seems it was a scam. Fucker - ebay has deleted the listing saying "this has either ended or ebay has deleted the account. If ebay deleted the account, we advise against completing the sale outside of ebay. Do not under any circumstances pay with western union or any direct money transfer." Damn. Ah well. Woulda been nice.

What? This is odd...looks like he is not the only one with such a deal, unless it is all the same people. So they list the computer as a normal auction item and then say "email me if you want to buy this for 999 usd." Presumably if you email them they set up a Western Union transaction and you get scammed, but if you just buy it as an auction item you bid as normal and end up paying a regular price for it etc. I see. Obnoxious.

Ah well. I think I want to get into the ebay business. A couple of kids in high school made a fortune. I am here in Japan, surely there is something I could buy cheap and ship out over ebay, make a hundred bucks a month or something. Give me your thoughts, folks!

So Karen is here. We didn:t stick to the original schedule. Turns out when you pay 20 bucks a night for a hotel there are disadvantages - like, say, an 1130 curfew. "What happens if we are late?" I ask. "The gates open at 5," he says. Bah, they should have put that on the website.

So friday night we walked around a bit, had some okonomiyaki, I introduce karen to chuuhai, and crashed. Saturday, jet-lagged karen made me get up at 7 and we commenced our adventures - these included the osaka aquarium, which was slick with sharks and manta rays and all sorts of Really Big Fish; Namba Parks, a glorious shopping center with a garden/forest planted on the outside, which you can walk through, many stories above osaka and spreading across many floors; American Village, with loud music and overpriced clothing and the most stylish people Japan has to offer; The Mac Store, to fuel my newfound lust for Macintosh; Umeda, where we ran into a band playing in the street. Karen bought their demo disc for a dollar. The singer was cute, she was all hippy-lookin'. Then we rode the Ferris Wheel at Hep 5, got scared shitless cuz apparently we both afraid of heights, then went to Pat's for dinner. Pat's apartment slick as hell, lots of gadgets. Pat a changed man what with his new lifestyle; his girlfriend bosses him around in the kitchen. Oh, how the might have fallen... ;) So they cooked us a nice dinner and then we got back to the hotel in time to not be locked up.

Sunday, woke up, had leisurely morning, caught ferry, boated back to Niihama. Jackie Alex Alison Joshka met us at Marine Park, had big BBQ party, got thrown out of park, stayed anyway, drank, wrapped up the weekend.

Now work. Work blows.

Here is a picture:



that's me on the right.

No, it's not, I am not Japanese.
Comments:
whatever! -the advance loan guy
 
Decent page, enjoyed it a lot, I can never get enough of golf equipment supply retail if you can't either check out my site golf equipment supply retail
 
Hi great blog i must remember to bokmark you ... I have a horse racing blog myself I also have a new Online Auction to tell you about here auction get yourself $35.00 worth of free Advertising auction
 
Decent page, enjoyed it a lot, I can never get enough of discount equipment golf lefty if you can't either check out my site discount equipment golf lefty
 
Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.
 
Cool blog you have. I have a money making opportunity related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is money making opportunity
 
"I just came across your blog about ebay auand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** ebay au so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
 
"I just came across your blog about ebaymotors ws ebayisapi.dll viewitemand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** ebaymotors ws ebayisapi.dll viewitem so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
 
Nice post. Check out my site if you can. school loan
 
Last month I made $12,124 with Google Adsense...Click
here for free on how you can do the same!

 
Congratulations Friend for your excellent blog on loans center!Keep up the good work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
loans center
I send you my warm regards and wish you continued success.
Have a nice day! :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?