Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Ask E.T.: Sparklines or Wordgraphs--some draft pages from Beautiful Evidence

Ask E.T.: Sparklines or Wordgraphs--some draft pages from Beautiful Evidence

So there is this guy Edward Tufte who seems to be a minor deity among designers. This is an interesting article of his I stumbled across about something called Sparklines - an idea that many cutting edge designers are starting to toss about. Perhaps we will see more of this. I suspect it may become standard.

Web Design is like fashion, things go in and out of style and every once in a while something sticks. It's cool to be on the inside in such a situation, makes me feel like I am rubbing elbows with fashion gurus. :)


Comments:
I thought this was funny. I was talking with my great friend david about the elections, and i was like i was in mexico during them and i was pounding out emotionally charged emails for days back home and i got this one that was really poignant and well written. haha. anyways, i saw his blog for the first time this evening, and i invite you to notice the last entry on the first page that comes up after this link. hope you dont mind. peace. http://www.livejournal.com/users/straynephil/
 
why would you want to do a thing like that?
 
Well, p'raps you'd like to display some complex set of information and don't necessarily want to disrupt the flow of your content with a graph. The beauty of the sparkline is that it is essentially a word, albeit a graphical word. You can just drop it in your text and be done with it, and one careful glance can reveal trends in data that would take at least a long sentence or a graph to express normally. nifty, ne?

Kate, your dude seems interesting. If a tad odd. Which is how we like people, I suppose.

Update coming, I can't be asked just now.
 
Excellent and original blog. I will comeback.
I wanted just to mention an interesting site about Religions. With more than 500 pages, Religion News and Articles:Religion Universe: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Taoism (Daoism) and many others
 
Wonderful site on important health concern. I'm going to book mark your blog. I also have a **gum disease** site. It pretty much covers **gum disease ** related stuff.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?