Thursday, March 31, 2005

I have just been reading dozens and hundreds of web design articles and the one cliche phrase that I just love is "browser wars." Everyone who has been doing webdesign for 10 years or more remembers the days of IE vs Netscape competing, where they would purposely have mutually exclusively design flukes and such and web designers were forced to basically design for Netscape or design for IE. How many of you have vague memories of splash screens to big websites where you just had to click "Netscape" or "IE" before entering? Funny funny.

Anyway, all these guys are now web design gurus, right, they are the grizzled vets in the field who lived through the Browser Wars, the Dotcom Revolution, etc etc etc, and they all talk like old soldiers. "Most Web designers simply build sites quickly, using all the tricks they learned during the terrible browser wars. Tables for layout, font tags, hundreds of embedded images, single pixel GIFs, and so on" it's so funny, it's like how Kissinger and Gorbechov talk about the cuban missile crisis, like oh my god I cant believe we got through it.

I like that the internet has a violent history, it sort of reminds you that it is indeed a human enterprise and that, like in human history, the worst atrocities are still waiting for us.

And it's great because I remember those days so I feel elite, like I am part of a veterans club. :)
Comments:
The days of Netscape are far from over, you fool--viva la revolucion! The underground movement lives on, free from the watchful eye of The Man...

d
 
Its the browser wars that are over, Firefox is great. The battlefield has shifted from differing standards to standards compliance. This is still a sort of dark age cuz of IE's refusal to cooperate, but its nothing like what it used to be because at least MS says they will cooperate.
 
here, here! -your brother
 
here, here! -your brother
 
Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.
 
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my fort health insurance texas worth
related site. It pretty much covers fort health insurance texas worth
stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.
 
Hello!
I really like Your cheap international airfare ticket blog.
I have a site of my own, cheap international airfare ticket, that is a complete directory of cheap international airfare ticket, so I hope You will visit cheap international airfare ticket and tell me what You think.
 
Hello!
This is a very interesting blog about airfare airfare cheap cheap international search and I will make sure to come back often.
Are You really interested in airfare airfare cheap cheap international search then I suggest You visit airfare airfare cheap cheap international search
Here You will find a complete directory of airfare airfare cheap cheap international search
 
Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!
 
Hi - I really like your website. I have one on martial art style here is the link to it. Come visit it and let me know what you think.
 
Hi - I really like your blog. I have a website on shotokan karate that you might find of interest. Here's the link. Have a look at it and let me know what you think.
 
Yo :) Great blog dude..

Check my art ascii generator Site ;)
 
Hi - I trained in judo and karate for many years. I was looking for blogs having to do with judo and came across yours. Nice blog. I have my own have my own mixed style school now that offers most of the traditional judo techniques. Come have a look at it if you want.
 
Great Blog you have here! I am going to bookmark this one.

Play free online gamestoday at arcade queen

free classic arcadefree classic arcade

Play until you drop but whatever you do don't let your boss catch you!
 
Nice blog with interesting topics. I have a website that offers alot of controversial topics here. Just go to the links page and look for "Video Reviews"
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Tees** site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?