Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I cant get this song out of my head

"Well I've heard there was a secret(sacred?) chord
That David played, and it pleased the lord -
But you don't really care for music, do ya?

And it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, and the major lift (what a line) -
A baffled king composing hallelujah..."

What words. The minor fall and the major lift? Talk about salvation in music. A baffled king composing hallelujah? Beautiful.

But I digress, I always get very annoyed when people talk about their music in their blogs, so I apologize for the indulgence.

I watched Mulholland Drive last night. Now, I have heard that it was terrible, that it was gibberish, that it was mental masturbation and not worth watching. That may be true, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. It was one of the more creative films I've seen in a while, and while certainly I am not up to the task of unifying the whole thing into a coherent single stream I certainly noticed several themes that were deftly explored (I like that word deftly, so rarely get to use it). My favorite was that, at least for a while, it was about characters when their movie gets cancelled, their story abandoned. They flounder around and disappear. Very vonnegut in a sense, but darker, broodier.

But frankly the lesbian sex was highly overrated.

My Japanese is getting better. I feel a more complete human being. I am not sure if I want to come back to Japan to teach, at least if I want to right away. I think maybe I want to do something in the states first, maybe grad school? Maybe law school? Maybe tekken with Dan until we attain sattori?

Thats all for now got me some japanese to study.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?