Monday, February 21, 2005

Quiet Daily Japanese Study

One line per day. I pick my words and phrases from stuff I read. I memorize one noun, verb, adjective, misc, and proverb every day. I actually remember most of them. Most. A few weak points. But I'd say I'm doing okay. I have everything on this list from "impact (衝撃)" to "subtle(微妙な)" to "cheeky/audacious(生意気な)". Sukoshi zutsu as they say. I am feeling kind of good about the ol' Japanese, I think my skill level has reached a new plateau. Which means I am going to have a burst of vocab memorization.

底、憧れる、緩い、ぼんやり、単刀直入
衝撃、応援する、深い、一瞬、一生懸命
初恋、確保する、美味な、のんびり、桑原桑原
無罪、対話する、生意気な、むかむか、悪事千里
不精髭、企画する、如才ない、極めて、暗中模索
説得力、抱える、斬新な、でたらめ、一喜一憂
交流、設ける、心地よい、過去、無我夢中
印象、乱す、しつこい、きちんと、五里霧中
先進国、笑い出す、微妙な、不正な、異口同音
食い意地、食い違う、悪縁の、わざと、傍若無人
行事、否定する、特定の、ひととき、一球入魂
移動、写す、真剣な、いらいら、古今東西
花嫁・花婿、交換する、幸運な、漠然と、温故知新
圧力、相半ばする、無駄な、明らかに、運否天賦
分解、解決する、憂鬱な、もどかしい、無芸大食
挑戦、捗る、見苦しい、めきめき、以心伝心
試験、合格する、悲しい、一方的、蟷螂之斧
風潮、分担する、あいまいな、一気に、竜頭蛇尾

Any questions?

My only real problem is actually using all this stuff. I recognize it if I hear it spoken slowly and I have a second or two to think about it, but I never really use any of these words. That was the plus side of Japanese class, they make you use the same damn words over and over until you are sick of them, but they stick. Chalk one up for Noda-sensei, whoda thunk. Though 3x as much vocab and kanji would have been nice.

So Hunter S Thompson offed himself yesterday. I saw that and I was really kinda like...Oh. Still I rather liked him, he is proof that you can be successful even if your greatest aspiration is to be a clever loser. Wonder why he shot himself. 67. Probably still clever. Probably still a loser. Inspires me to go ahead and finish Hells Angels already, I really enjoyed it while I was reading it, wonder why I put it aside? I wonder how Johnny Depp is taking it?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?