Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Basil's livejournal

My brother can be odd, but he writes some of most beautiful things. Just ignore any spelling and punctuation errors, I am thinking he is unconcerned with such trivialities.

Basil's livejournal:
"don't surrender

Run away with me somewhere
Where they only speak French,
It's a hundred degrees,
And when it rains - you get wet.
I never asked for anything more,
than to be your friend,
But it all amounts to nothing,
If we surrender in the end.

That's why i'm singing don't surrender
And become like all those strangers.
That's why I'm singing don't surrender
And give up everything you are
That's why I'm singing don't surrender
Don't surrender, you're too good
You represent my aspirations on this earth

May the love that you would feel,
And the climes that you would see,
And all that you would be,
Never bring you to your knees.
And may you never take the easy road,
Even in the dark,
When shadows block your eyes,
Just follow your heart.

And may the miseries of tomorrow,
when subtracted from their joys,
Leave you with a sum
far greater than zero,
I promise when the black holes, that surround us,
try to suck us in,
I won't let you surrender
The things that you'd hold onto

That's why i'm singing don't surrender
To become like all those strangers.
That's why I'm singing don't surrender
And give up everything you are
That's why I'm singing don't surrender
Don't surrender, you're too good
You represent my aspirations on this earth. "
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?